Re: A85: Newbie Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Newbie Questions

Okay, the best way online to learn Z80 programming is from the ZShell
School.  It's run by Jimmy Mardel.  I'm not sure of the address offhand but
there is a link on my homepage.

Also, check out http://andi.ganymed.org/ for information on GrayScale
stuff.  He has a good FAQ pack that contains all the needed files.

Try to get a Z80 book from a local library, that will help immensely.  Then
just start programming.  Trial and error is how I learned.

Just a suggestion: program for Usgard.  It's easier and more powerful,
IMNSHO.  No talk about this, please, it's been done before.

At 08:08 PM 7/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>First of, let me say that I am new to this list (and to ASM programming)
>and I hope that I am posting this to the right place.
>
>When I first heard that I could program my TI-85 I was amazed.  I knew
>that I could program in Ti Basic, but I never learned how.  I have
>programmed in other languages on the computer and when I saw some of the
>things people made for the TI-85 I knew that I wanted to try to make my
>own programs.
>
>I went to ticalc.org and got two tutorials on the subject, but neither
>was complete!  What is the best way to learn to program games on the
>TI-85?
>
>Also, one of the tutorials I got has a program that requires graylib.h
>but I can't find it anywhere.  If anyone has it, could you please mail it
>to me?
>
>Thanks for putting up with me,
>
>DL
>gorgon2@juno.com

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8210/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...