LZ: Stupid Newbie Question: Why doesn't this work?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Stupid Newbie Question: Why doesn't this work?

OK. So I've done the generic Hello World style of program, and now am
trying something else...

I'm having a little trouble putting a number into HL, and trying to figure
out how to display this number on the screen. I've tried this:

#include "ti-85.h"

.org 0
.db "Numbers",0

  ROM_CALL(CLEARLCD)
  ld de,0
  ld hl,1000
  ld (CURSOR_ROW),de
  dec hl
  ROM_CALL(D_HL_DECI)

Loop:
  call GET_KEY
  cp K_EXIT
  jr z,Loop
  ret

.end

For some reason, this program won't run, and I (being new to assembly
programming in general) don't see what's wrong with it. Does anyone?

Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
                                          Windows 95:
                                          From the people who brought you
                                            EDLIN!