LZ: On subject of 2's complement format...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: On subject of 2's complement format...

Okay... NEG results in the 2's complement of a number.  This is
basically the number*-1, if I am not mistaken.  Can someone
verify this instruction, as it would make my current project
( a new driver for the temp sensor ) a lot easier when dealing
with negative temperatures.

BTW, does anyone have source code or notes from when Ed Plese
wrote the original software?  At this point, my remake can use
multiple chip IDs and read a temperature.  However, for some
reason the chip gets locked on that temperature and won't change
until I run Ed Plese's program.  So somehow Ed wrote it to
reset the LM75's onboard registers between reads.  However, I
don't know how he did it.  Power-cycling the sensor does not work.
I'm in desperation, almost ready to disassemble the original
code to find out how he did it.  ( At least I know that his read
routines are near-exactly like mine, but HOW DID HE DO THE
RESET? )

Better yet, has anyone heard from him or Per Finander in the last
year or so?  From what I found, Ed wrote the software and the
basic design while the latter created the I2C routines now available
on TICALC.ORG and finished the final schematic of the sensor.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ryan J. Myers ( Webmaster )      rmyers@inetarena.com (ICQ 1473314)
Portland, Oregon ( US )          http://boris.inetarena.com/
WWW Design, Z80 Assembly / Win95 Programming, CGI Scripting, 3D Graphics
The contents of this email are my own opinions and do not represent the
positions of my employers unless specifically stated as such.