Re: A85: Inntroducing 'TI-Net' and I found a bug in Vexed for Usgard.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Inntroducing 'TI-Net' and I found a bug in Vexed for Usgard.

> What does TI-Net do? I have not heard of it before.

And the vexed bug is in Level 12. Sorry for the lame ascii art, be sure
to view this with a fixed font.   The level starts out like this.

> ##%0* *0%##
> ##### #####
> ###0   0###
> ####   ####
> ####   ####
> ####%0*####

  you can figure out what is what. its pretty simple. First I pushed the
two 0's in the middle down, so there was one on top of the % and the *.
Then I pushed one of them above the other 0 on the bottom row so that
all three gracefully canceled out. It looks now like this

> ##%0* *0%##
> ##### #####
> ###     ###
> ####   ####
> ####   ####
> ####% *####

  Then I pushed the % on the bottom over into the middle, and pushed a *
down from the top onto the %. We now have this

>   ##%0  *0%##
>   ##### #####
>   ###     ###
>   ####   ####
>   #### * ####
>   #### %*####

Then, from the same side I pushed the 0 on top of the *, and the * from
the top right on to the 0 so I've got

>     ##%    0%##
>     ##### #####
>     ###  *  ###
>     #### 0 ####
>     #### * ####
>     #### %*####

Then push the uppermost * one to the right so that the three stars all
go away. So I'm left with a % in the bottom middle, and an 0 on top of
it. I then took the % from the top left and pushed it down so it was
above the 0, and then the 0 from the top I pushed down onto the %, and
the last % on top of the 0 so it looks like this

>     ##       ##
>     #####%#####
>     ###  0  ###
>     #### % ####
>     #### 0 ####

okay? Then I pushed the bottom % 1 space to the side so it lowered the
whole tower one. I then pushed the top 0 in the opposite direction i had
pushed the %, so those two dissapeared, and the % should have been
zapped in a 3 way L shapped connection. But it didn't, I was left with
one, and only two had been cleared (logically). Is this a problem with
Vexed not recognizing L shaped connections? I can beat the level another
way, but If this crops up in other circumstances, it is a pain. I'm
sorry about posting this to the list, but I lost the readme that came
with vexed, and am too lazy to find it on ticalc.org.