Re: A85: Re: A92: IMPORTANT: YAHOO VIRUS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 05:41 PM 12/11/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I know.  this is getting out of hand.  the media is making it look more
>than it is.

That's because the media, and the people who make it work, use Win95 and
have never touched the DOS operating system in their life, to know there is
no threat in the first place.  Poor souls who don't know what is contained
in the Win95 OS (there are 3000+ viruses in Win95 which explains the 9MB
hard drive space it uses and MicroSoft has some scheme to take over the
world by sending a code across the net (probably using MicroSoft's Inet.
Exp. and Java, DirectX, or cookies) which will activate every single one in
a matter of half a minute and you would never know what happened).  I would
make the upgrade to DOS if I were them.

>>virusus don't exist like that so don't spread just e-mails especially on a
>>list. trust me, I think we all can handle ourselves nicely and safely.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.

Follow-Ups: References: