A85: USGard vs. ZShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: USGard vs. ZShell

^^^^^^ Note the spelling correction.

I'm going to create a language similar to C/C++ that will compile into
asm files.  My first attempt will only do one type of conversion:  my
code to USGard compatible asm or my code to ZShell compatible asm.  I
know ZShell fairly well so I will probably make it for this.  I asked
about the differences between USGard and ZShell because in my second
version of my compiler you will simply (hopefully) tell the compiler
which library to use and your code (the C++ type, not embedded asm) will
be converted to whichever asm the library describes.  I'd like to know if
I should learn USGard asm and use this in my first version and also what
people on this list think of this idea.  I already know that most people
here won't use mine or any pseudo language for calc-shells, but I'm
making this for people who want to write games but don't want to spend
the time to learn the god-awfullly difficult assembler.  My intent is to
create a compiler which is highly optimized and will be able to compile
over several platforms.  If all goes well, and my program is successful,
I hope to add the libraries for shells on the 82 & 83 (I think there are
shells for these calcs), of course the 85, the 86, and it's a long shot
but maybe even the 92.

Wyrmlord
egillespie@juno.com