Re: A85: Expander SF

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Expander SF

Robby Gutmann wrote:

> I was thinking about buying one of Mel's chips if there were any left
> and
> building an Expander.  But, i wanted to know peoples' opinions on how
> easy
> it was; i am not exactly the greatest builder of things.  I spent a
> saturday
> trying to build parallel link cables, and i ended up with 3 finished
> products, and not a 1 of them working.  So, if you could tell me
> whether or
> not you think I can do it, i would appreciate it.
> thanx,
> Robby Gutmann

Sorry, but no way.  It's not hard to make it, but it's extremly
difficult in comparison to the parallel cables.  The cable is just 2
diodes, the expander is way more, and a more complicated assembly
technique.  I MIGHT find time to make one for you if you find a chip,
but you should wait for the Expander II (Mel's next project).
--
            ''~``
           ( o o )

"If cars had experienced the same technological progress that computers
have experienced in the last two decades,  cars would get 400 miles per
gallon, have 40,000 horsepower, cost under $500, and blow up at least
once per week, killing all occupants." - Unknown