Re: A85: FA70-FBFF?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: FA70-FBFF?

Richardlewis wrote:

> Okay, interrupt mode 2 uses two numbers, I, and it pulls the other off
> the data bus (I'm still not exactly sure what the data bus is, but if
> someone could explain it).  They are both 8 bit numbers, which form a
> word, with I being the high byte.  If we placed the table at $FB00,
> then
> the maximum number formed with that would be $FBFF.  It could never
> point past $FBFF, ever.
> That number is an address pointer to a number on the interrupt table,
> which it then jumps to, right?  It being a 16 bit number, with the
> high
> byte set to $FB, we wouldn't have to worry about intersecting the
> Video
> Memory.
>
> Why does everyone keep saying that the table covers 257 bytes?  I'm
> very
> sure that is impossible.

Think about what you just said.  The maximum value of the pointer would
be $FBFF.  But the pointer points to another pointer.  Get it?  It is
going to load a 16-bit address from the interrupt table.  So if you load
a 16-bit pointer from $FBFF, where does the second byte come from?
That's right... $FC00.  Video memory.  And if the table starts at $FB00
and ends at $FC00, that sounds like 257 bytes to me...

Hope that helps,

--
Ben Shakal
shakalb98@jhs.net