Re: A85: RAM OS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: RAM OS

Matt Butch wrote:

> With all this fighting about the best shell nobody has mentioned RAM OS.
> The whole point to it is to be able to run games from different shells
> on one 85 without doing any switching.  I know it's not out yet but it
> will be soon(early sept).  What do you think of it anyway.  Only one
> person has responded.  I'd like to get some feedback.>

You'll need to update it soon :) Sure, if you like two games on
incompatible
shells (usgard and phatos for example) it might be useful. However, is
such a shell possible? It should be since you sound so sure. What I was
thinking about is that maybe some OS/shells uses the same spot in
program
for different rom calls. That's not just a "maybe", it's a "very
likely".
Of course, in the shell you could have the option to choose if you want
to run an usgard, an os85 or a phatos game, but it would be better with
autodetect :)

And I can't believe the shell will be small. It has to be at least as
big as the biggest of the shell it supports + support for the other
shells.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "We are the crown of creation
mailto:mja@algonet.se            we may do whatever we please