Re: A85: Display

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Display

Here's a simple, small routine that I think should replace D_HL_DECI.  This
version lets you set how many spaces to pad the number to, so if you used
it to display a 8 bit number, you'd set it to three and it'd look just like
D_A_DEC.  Hope this has the possibility of helping.

;******************* Display Number routine *************************
; needs 6 bytes temp storage called asciiNumb
;Parameters:    hl - number to display
;               b  - number of places (1-5) to display
;               de - location on screen
;Destroys:      a, b, de, hl

DisplayNumber:
        push    de
        ld      de, asciiNumb+5
DispNumbLoop:
        dec     de
        call    UNPACK_HL
        add     a, '0'
        ld      (de), a
        djnz    DispNumbLoop

        ex      de, hl
        pop     de
        ld      (CURSOR_X), de
        res     3, (IY+5)
        ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR)
	ret

At 10:26 AM 8/14/97 -0700, you wrote:
>82nd Deer wrote:
>>
>> Well, using Z-Shell, you can display a 2 byte number by using D_HL_DECI.
>> To display a 1 byte number, do:
>>
>> ld      h, 0
>> ld      l, a
>> call    D_HL_DECI
>>
>> and there you go.
>
>What we really need is a D_A_DECI routine, maybe not in the ROM, but at
least
>with the shell and not with DISPLIB. I really don't want to include DISPLIB
>just for that routine.
>(Did I already mention this? I don't know if I said it to the list or
someone
>else. Sorry if I already did)
>

>--
>Terry Peng
>email-	tpeng@geocities.com
>web-	http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/5104/index.html

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...