Re: A85: My problem with libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mike Baker wrote:

> Gee i wonder if you even read any of the email. One complaint was that
> you never documented you "nifty VAR routines". Anyway, I'm getting
> pissed at all the flames that Usgard is so perfect so I think I'll be
> leaving this list; nothing goes on but petty little complaints (yes
> I'm
> aware this could be qualified as one)
>
> Go ahead and update your Usgard, take out the libraries & use our
> relocation methood. I knew there was no way I could get these people
> on
> the list to use PhatOS instead of Usgard. My only request now is that
> someone think about the reason for PhatOS; perhaps even give us credit
> for trying.
>
> Basically I'm giving up, the 85 just is not worth it for all the crap
> that I've getting. And for all the PhatOS fans out there sorry, but
> unless Ess ever documents some of his routines there is nothing really
> left to do with PhatOS. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but i
> guess
> our little parody pissed too many people off.
>
> Mike Baker
> mbm00@hotmail.com

I use PhatOS and I like it. I also like the initial concepts behind
Usgard but it really is TOO big. PhatOS has all the features I need (I'm
not a programer so I don't care much about libs except when I need to
use them). Like someone said on another message, the idea behind the new
shells is to surpass ZShell 4, which all of them have done. But now it's
just a bitch fest to see who will be King of the Hill. Guys, give it a
rest and let the people use the shell that fits their needs, not yours.