A85: Assembly-85: Why It's Starting To Stink!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Assembly-85: Why It's Starting To Stink!

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.   I have neither the time, nor
the patience, to sort through nearly fifty messages a day of nothing
by flames by petty children bickering over what shell is better.  I
say, who cares which shell is better, as long as I can run the programs
I use (and write).  I've only recieved three messages that actually
helped with a few bugs in TempSens on this group in the last month
and a half.

To Other Programmers: To most end-users of our programs, all they care
about is whether or not they can run it.  To put it simply, if they can't
run it with what they have, they won't play it - regardless of how recent
their shell is.  And the fact of the matter is: The large majority of the
85-shell users out there don't even own their own link, much less subscribe
to this list.  So that means that most of them will still be running ZShell
4.0 - and most of them wouldn't want to bother the switching back-and-forth
with other calcs to get a new shell JUST to play one measly game or program.
I want people to use what I spend my time writing, and this is why I refuse
to write a program if it won't work under plain-vanilla ZShell.

Anyways, the idea is: Granted, I have my opinion in the "shell wars".  But,
I'm not interested in sorting through 50 other child-like flames about it. If
you want to fight, keep it to personal e-mail.

(Or maybe we can talk Magnus into creating a "ShellWars-85" list. :-D)

Ryan J. Myers ( Webmaster )      rmyers@inetarena.com (ICQ 1473314)
Portland, Oregon ( US )          http://boris.inetarena.com/
WWW Design, Z80 Assembly / Win95 Programming, CGI Scripting, 3D Graphics
The contents of this email are my own opinions and do not represent the
positions of my employers unless specifically stated as such.