Re: A85: Sqrxz 0.7b

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Sqrxz 0.7b

Terry Peng wrote:
> I would like to say congratulations on an excellent job.
> I have to ask, how the HELL did you do multiple enemies!??
> I can't wait to see this source code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short answer (while waiting for the long one): I've created a table (8
entries) like
this: (Pascal code)

 enemyTable : ARRAY[0..7] OF RECORD
                               type : Byte;  { 1=blob, 2=hedghog, 3=bat,
4=green man }
                               dir  : Byte;  { 0=right, 1=left }
                               x    : Word;
                               y    : Byte;
                               fall : Byte;
                               spec : Byte;
                             END;

When finding an enemy while scrolling, the enemy is inserted in the
table above,
and each frame the table is scanned and the enemies get updated.

Btw, I forgot one file in the ZIP package which is necessary when
creating levels -
BIN285S.EXE  It converts a bin file into a plain 85S file, a handy tool
which can
be used by other applications as well. You'll find it at

 http://www.algonet.se/~mja/ti85/bin285s.exe

--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "We are the crown of creation
mailto:mja@algonet.se            we may do whatever we please

Follow-Ups: References: