Re: A85: Sqrxz 0.7b

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Sqrxz 0.7b

Don't be so pissed at Usgard (and all of the hype that goes with it).
It is a good OS.  Relocation is a great idea (also used by PHAT OS).
Libraries are a good idea (except that i hate how some of the
libraries include stuff i don't wanna use, such as including NASR and
PutSprite in one library.  Of course if you separate everything, you
get even *more* libraries.)  But, the thing that will make people
choose Usgard is backward compatibility.  i haven't actually tried
PHAT OS yet, so i don't know if it has this.  (The Java on the PHAT
homepage crashed netscape on my computer.  hopefully the OS won't do
the same to my calculator. :) )  As for Jimmy not wanting his code to
be ported to another OS, that is understandable.  It is up to him to
make that decision.  I am sure if he thinks someone is going to port
it without his permission, he may not release the source.  Just my
thoughts.

-mike