Re: LZ: power off

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: power off

> > > with the HALT instruction, the processor stops and waits for [ON] to be
> > > pressed. also nobody asked how to put it into low power mode.
> > > PCoMP
> >
> > Well, actually it doesn't (well.. didn't work on _my_ ti, with the di
> > instruction (so the "on-button interrupt" is probably maskable...)...
> > but my original question was how to turn the power off _the way TI does
> > it_... And I _do_ suppose this includes turning to low-power mode... If
> > it doesn't then what's the point of a low-power mode?

> that questions is similar to the ti-92 question: "what is the point of
> being able to have an extra 128kb of memory when there is no place to
> put it?" Basically ti put it there because that is a feature that they
> might include in a future version but since they are no longer updating
> the 85 it might never be used(that is just my theory though)

Aha... So all I need to do to turn the calc "off" is to shut down the lcd...
But hey... In "ti-ports.txt" it says that the calc can be put in
low-power mode by writing 40h into port 6, and back on by writing 41h...
Wouldn't that mean, that the low power mode exist and works, and prolly
would save batteries, too. But the problem in my case is, how to get it
back on (the "halt method" doesn't seem to work...).

   -P