Re: LZ: Weird Trick...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Weird Trick...

I have also had this happen, but I'm at a loss to explain it.

At 04:29 PM 9/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey everybody,
>
>I just want a bit of your time to try out this trick (or bug). Tell me if
it works (I hope it does). Do these steps:

>1) Take a shell program you will use. We'll use "Hexview".
>2) Go into the Strings menu, and find out the length. In this case, 299.
>3) Type in this to look at the file: "sub(hexview,1,299)"
>4) A line of junk will appear at the next line. This is the file it self.
Push left and right to scroll.
>5) Now the string is also stored as "Ans"
>6) Go into the ZShell menu, and BAM! One program looks just like the other,
except instead of reading "Hexview", it reads "Ans"!

>I think this is because the variable "Ans" contains the same value as
"Hexview". But isn't "Ans" a different TYPE of variable? Thanx for your time.

>jyuschak@i21.com

*  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
*  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
*  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
*  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
*  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
*  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
*  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
*  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
*  agreement to these terms.                               *
*  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *