Re: LZ: Floppy Drive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Floppy Drive

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, Rob Taylor wrote:

> > Does the drive hook to the serial port or to the main card slot?  If
> > it connects to the 4 pin serial port then it's probably possible to
> > use it.
> >
> not really.... teh problem is that teh hp48 has a proper UART in it:
> it communicates using proper rs232... now although it is posible to
> emulate rs232 in software, you can't on teh ti-85 because of teh
> varibel clock speed... RS232 needs v. accurate timing..
> what you could do is make a little microcontroller decie taht
> translates the ti-85's warblings to rs232 - almost exacly like the
> ti-graphlink, in fact... this would prove very useful for a lot of
> things...

Why not use the graphlink?

Also, for those who want more memory, I should mention the
method I use for my 83.  It's a cheap way, cheaper than most
mentioned here so far, to add an extra 32k.  I bought a second
calculator.  That's all there was to it.  Easy as pie.  No
software needed and no hardware mods.  And it's fully expandable
in 32k increments.

Barry