Re: LZ: I think I have a definite plan for memory... I think...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 21 Sep 1996, Ryan Myers wrote:

> Steve Wrobleski wrote:
>
> transfer as fast as the processor can translate and recieve from the port;
> Let us remember that the original 8088 ( 4.77 Mhz, not too much slower than
> the TI ) couldn't do much more than 2400 on a modem, 4800 or 9600 if you
> were lucky; and it had the luxury of a 28-pin parallel / 9-pin serial cable
> to send data through.  With only two wires, it will still be rather slow.

That was more a problem with the serial port than with the processor..
the floppy drive was able to transfer much faster.

However, I do see an interesting application for this thingame.  Although
you can't execute code directly in it, you *can* read/write data to it,
so you could store huge pictures and just have the program copy it to
graph ram when it needs it without eating up any of that 28k we all so
love and adore.

dreamer