Re: LZ: Help with a routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Help with a routine

On Fri, 20 Sep 1996, SAM STAUFFER wrote:

>  The book that I have says: "BIT sets the zero flag to the condition of
> the bit" so there you go, if the bit is set it sets ZF to 1 else to 0

I believe that says just the opposite.  If the bit is 0, the
condition is zero and the zero bit would be set to indicate
this.

This is how it works when you do a or, for example.  In the
following:

	ld a,0
	or a
	jr z,xxx

the zero condition code is set to indicate a zero condition.
The jump would be taken.

I don't have the book in front of me now and I'm still pretty
new at Z80 stuff so I might be mistaken but if I am, it'll be
a huge surprise to me.  This is how it works in every other
cpu I've ever programmed.  Also, in doing stuff on the Z80
from time to time I've probably always assumed this is how it
works and I never learned otherwise.  I'll be amazed if it
doesnt work this way.

Barry