Re: LZ: Making fixed int progs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Making fixed int progs

Rob Taylor wrote:
> > smaller, BUT you could make the GWiz program about 1k smaller, because
> > 1k is just empty space where the screen is temporary stored. I've tried
> > to use the same routine to allocate 1k as in Robs grayscale, but for
> > some reason it didn't work! I don't have a clue why, and if someone can
> > tell me why it didn't, I will be happy :-) Maybe it has something to do
> > with that it's in an interrupt, or should that matter?
> >
> yes, that matters.. think:what if memory was being moved when the
> interrupt was called: the adresses for the end of used mem could eb
> invalid, so you could corrupt data..

That isn't the case since you only call it when a zshell program is running.
Or are the pointers always changed during an interrupt? There must be SOME
way to find a place where I can store 1k without destroying something.

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"Strap me down with disillusion
  Tie me up in lifelines
   Nothing stops my thoughts from breeding
    Nothing's stopping my mind" - Leather Strip
</pre>