Re: LZ: Help with a routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Help with a routine

Mattias Lindqvist wrote:

> On 19 Sep 96 at 22:42, Ed Plese, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Actually, I think that if the bit is set, it will set the ZERO
> > flag, but if it is cleared, then it will clear the Z flag (indicating
> > nz).
>
> No, the zero flag indicates that something is zero. Therefore if the
> bit's cleared (meaning it's zero) the Zero flag will be set!

Nonono... bit COPIES the bit into the zero flag, and if the bit is set,
the zero flag will also be set (1=flag set, 0=flag reset in the flag
register). It's backwards and may be a reason for bugs in programs.

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"Strap me down with disillusion
  Tie me up in lifelines
   Nothing stops my thoughts from breeding
    Nothing's stopping my mind" - Leather Strip
</pre>