Re: LZ: Making fixed int progs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Making fixed int progs

> >Does anyone know how to put a string right above ZShell in the memory or in an
> >85b so it won't be moved around? I am thinking about making a number of
> >interrupt handling progs, and this would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
>
> Couldn't you just take a PLAIN calculator, with only ZShell on it, and load
> anything on it.  Now, as long as it is not changed, it won't move either, right?

One would like to think so, but is not true.  If you reset your calc,
there are already 5 vars in front of whatever you put in memory.
There is Ans, #, !, xStat, and yStat.  Ans, xStat and yStat can be
deleted if their var type byte is changed in the VAT, but then you
will still have to edit a backup to move # and !.  I found that the
easiest way to do this is to get yourself down to three vars, #,!,and
(or four if you have ZShell) an empty string witth the name of whatever
your program will be.  Then switch it so your string is right at the
beginning of memory or right after ZShell and reload the backup to
your calc.  Now, you can copy your full string to your calc.  It will
come up with a menu and have you choose whether to RANAME OR
OVERWRITE the existing one.  DO NOT OVERWRITE.  Rename the var to
something else and then at the home screen store the new var to the
fixed one.  And now your var is at the start of memory.

-Ed