Re: LZ: Wow, Daedalus works!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Wow, Daedalus works!!!

> -*-The reason I want no textures is to speed it up.  I don't know how
> -*-much faster he can make it with textures, especially if you want him
> -*-to add grayscale to it.
>
> 	What?  Speed it up?  I thought it was pretty fast...  I haven't
> seen any other "program" that ran that fast...  Even if there were other
> operations being handled (like enimies) this is one kick ass engine...

I don't know what your idea of fast is, because right now it just
doesn't have enough frames per second to make it into a game.  I'm
not sure, but did you disable the key countdown before calling
getkey?  If you haven't yet, could you send me a copy with it
disabled so that I could see how fast it would go on a TURBO'd calc
like that.

Oh, and someone mentioned something about doing something about the
slight distortion from raycasting.  I don't think anything should be
done because it is hardly noticable and it would just slow it down.

-Ed

Follow-Ups: References: