Re: LZ: Re: Cassette system

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: Cassette system

On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, SAM STAUFFER wrote:

> -> shut up! the rtlink was a pipe dream before it was made, wasn't it?
> -> thats all this is- a pipe dream. maybe a long pipe, but we'll get to
> -> the end!
> -> > Screw it-- wht logic does a walkman have-- IT WILL NEVER WORK :) >
> -> have a nice day
> -> >
> -> > Eric Linenberg
> -> > elinenbe@umich.edu
> -> >
> -> > for information on EVERYBODY from High School go to
> -> > http://www.umich.edu/~elinenbe/
> -> >
> -> > im that kid in the corner all fucked up and i wanna
> -> > so im gonna take a piece of the pie why not im not
> -> > quittin think im gonna change up my style just to
> -> > fit in
>
> Both the RTLINK and the Tape Backup are possible, the only problem with
> the Tape Backup is that it requires a way to time.
well, i've had another thought<G>...

what if we could mimick what the second calc(the tape player in this case)
did ,to make the first one ready to send/recieve, on the tape. that way,
you'd tell the calc to recieve and play the tape. then the calc would send
a signal which the walkman wouldn't understand but, that doesn't matter.
any way, then the tape player would send a signal(it would be contained on
the tape) that would make  the calc think there was a second calc on
the other end and start recieving. meanwhile, back at the walkman...

it's got a delay to give the calc time to think there's a calc on the other
end and start recieving the file coming through the wire.woudl this work,
or am i missing somthing?

Andy Haninger
aka &amp;y
ahaning@freenet.columbus.oh.us