Re: LZ: Re: RAM I/O Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: RAM I/O Expander

At 03:19 PM 9/13/96 -0400, greg wrote:
>Wait a sec.. Wait a sec... lets get the RAM I/O expander actually working
>and see how fast it goes and if it even works before we start questioning
>it. By looking at the schematics, it looks very feasible. I'm afraid that
>if we starting commenting about how slow it is and stuff, people will start
>to look down on it, people will start to doubt it, and basically, no one
>would really care about it anymore. It would be a MAJOR revolution in
>calculating if we could add 8 megs of memory and a modem. Even if it did go
>at 300 bytes per sec, why do you need all that speed?? If you keep all the
>needed progs in the TI memory, then it won't matter. I would just use the
>expansion for backup and stuff like that. Even at 300 bytes per sec, it
>would still be relatively quick considering that most of the programs are
>only about 3k any ways. So anyways, lets see if it works, then critique it,
>not critique it before we see it.
>-greg

I agree Greg.  Mel's design looks good.  There are areas that it could be
improved, but thats not the point.  This has not been done yet.  So getting
the idea to work is the first thing to worry about.   I think if he can get
his calc to write and read data from the RAM box (what ever the size and
speed), will be a milestone...