Re: LZ: cassette tapes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: cassette tapes

>> I'm personally interested in this cassette tape idea because of a =
personal
>> idea... playing back blips of 1s/0s straight to videomem... if this =
worked.
>> Hmm, if we could write a program to read bits from tape and put them
>> together into bytes which would be placed in graphmem, it would be =
8192 bits
>> ( 1024 bytes ).  If we can get a high enough transfer rate... ??? ( =
not much
>> guesswork here )
>> ( BTW: 15360 bits/second transfer =3D 15 f/s fullscreen )
>
>I agree it would be pretty cool, but there are some problems:

1)  It's not useful.  It will stay on your calc as long as PicView
did.

Hey man I programmed that-- why don't you progrma something-- anyway i
just did it for fun, and to impress the perverted guys at school-- you
know everybody has games even though some are shitty as hell, Like i
could be playinf xc1701 and someone with a ti-82 says i got flying
games too-- so what... but then you show them nudie pics or sound and
they get BLOWN AWAY--

2)  Where are you going to get the pictures for the video?  That is
quite an
>    obstacle.
>3)  15fps isn't possible.  The best would be around 9, maybe 5 if the =
mono
>    idea takes off (works).

Eric Linenberg
elinenbe@umich.edu

for information on EVERYBODY from High School go to
http://www.umich.edu/~elinenbe/

im that kid in the corner all fucked up and i wanna
so im gonna take a piece of the pie why not im not
quittin think im gonna change up my style just to=20
fit in