Re: LZ: Compression program (and questions for asm programmers)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 11:10 PM 9/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Scott J. Rein wrote:
>>
>> At 12:07 PM 9/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>> >The programs that weren't written to support this just wouldn't
>> >keep high scores if they were compressed.  The user could decide
>> >if he wanted compression or high scores for those programs.
>> >
>> >Barry
>>
>> Of course this would mean writing a standard into my program
>> (which would take up space!).  That is okay, though, but I want
>> to just accomplish the basic compression first.
>>
>> In fact, what I need is a compression algorithm.  Once I have that,
>> I can start experimenting with putting programs into another string
>> as .db's and trying to run it.  In fact, I guess I could do that
>> now without compression.
>>
>> I have a question for you (or anyone else who knows the answer):
>> How do I make a call to a second ZShell program and then have the
>> second program return control to the first?  E.g., Caves and Scrolls.
>> Both are engines, just as my compression would be.
>>
>> One more:  How can you delete and create variables in ZShell?
>>
>> --      Scott Rein
>>         srein@rain.orgIf the location of the program is static, like
included with the backup,
>you should know the location.  Or else you'd have to do RST $10 or
>whatever and search the VAT.  Then you'd CAll to the other program, and
>at the end, have a ret.
>
>Any Help?

It won't be in the backup though.  The PC will zip it and make it a string
file which is then sent to the calculator.  I guess I could search the VAT.

Thanks for the help, though.  How about creating and deleting variables?
Plus I would need to somehow pass information along to the program I call.

--	Scott Rein
	srein@rain.org