Re: LZ: Here it is! The RAM/IO Expander v1.0 BETA for the

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 04:27 PM 9/11/96 GMT, Mel Tsai wrote:
>I corrected a few things in the file so there is now a newer version.
>If you don't know how to download the file off the list-zshell
>binaries group (it's a 3 part file), you can get the file at the
>following site:
>
>http://www.msu.edu/user/tsaimelv/expand1b.zip
>
>Like I said, it's now updated so you should probably disregard the
>posted version and get it at the site!
>
>Send me your comments!
>
>-Mel

I've looked at your schematics and documentation and I have to say you've
done a great job.  I have not studied the circuit in detail, but it looks
like it could work.  I do think the bottle neck will be the software's
ability to send and receive the data properly and fast enough to be useful.
The problem with sticking anything on the TI port, is that the lines can
both TX and RX.  Software must be written to drive the circuit.  When I can,
I'll take a closer look it your schematic and make any recommendations for
improvement.

 I am also working on an IR interface for the TI.  The circuit is a single
chip transceiver requiring just a few small parts and IR LEDs.  This circuit
would be small enough to be mounted inside the TI.  My problem is that I
don't know asm well enough to write the code for it.  I know the circuit
will work but I don't have the software to drive it.  Anyone want to help?