Re: LZ: New idea for compression program!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: New idea for compression program!

>You really can't put the code in the decompression
>program that's going to figure out if the decompression
>program is there or not, or figure out if there isn't
>enough ram to run the decompression program.
>
>It's tempting to get real fancy with this but sometimes simple
>is better.

I know... it is tempting.  But I don't really understand why.
If the calling program will pass the compressed string info
on to the decompression program, why can't the decompression
program be set up to calculate if there is enough space.  What
is the diffence between putting it there and in every single
compressed string?

Please explain... thanks.

--	Scott Rein
	srein@rain.org