Re: LZ: ROM info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ROM info

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, Max Mansour wrote:

> Ed Plese, Jr. wrote:
> >
> > > I know, I know (he said weeping).. It's just... well i've got a job at
> > > the moment, so all my datime's taken up, and I'm doing a lot of stuff
> > > on fargo...  and magnus seems pretty busy at the moment.. dan never
> > > seems to do much any more (havn't heard from him for quite some time)
> > > .. maybe we need a new crack progarmming team, but who can take up
> > > the challenge?.. who's brave enough to hack their way through 128k of
> > > pure machien code to discover the deepest darkest secrets of teh
> > > ti-85?....
> > >
> > > if anyone really wnats to really get into hacking the rom, I'll give
> > > them all the help I can (though I will only help people who i think
> > > have a chance at doing it: I don't want people writing in saying that
> > > they can progarm in ti-basic and would really like to help..... (you
> > > get the idea..))
> >
> > I could...  I can just disassemble it, print it and bring it to
> > school to go over in study hall.
>
> OK, I know this is totally off topic, and probably a worthless quesrion
> :) , but just how many printed pages would 128k of text be about?

A good round number for this is usually about 3k per page
if it's just plain text that fits comfortably on an 8.5 x
11 page.  That number has been used in the industry for
years.  I've never checked to see if it's valid but I've
used it a lot of times where serious accuracy wasn't
needed and it's always come out ok.

Barry