Re: LZ: Compression program (and questions for asm programmers)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:07 PM 9/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>The programs that weren't written to support this just wouldn't
>keep high scores if they were compressed.  The user could decide
>if he wanted compression or high scores for those programs.
>
>Barry

Of course this would mean writing a standard into my program
(which would take up space!).  That is okay, though, but I want
to just accomplish the basic compression first.

In fact, what I need is a compression algorithm.  Once I have that,
I can start experimenting with putting programs into another string
as .db's and trying to run it.  In fact, I guess I could do that
now without compression.

I have a question for you (or anyone else who knows the answer):
How do I make a call to a second ZShell program and then have the
second program return control to the first?  E.g., Caves and Scrolls.
Both are engines, just as my compression would be.

One more:  How can you delete and create variables in ZShell?

--	Scott Rein
	srein@rain.org

Follow-Ups: References: