LZ: fractions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: fractions

I know I asked this earlier, but now that many people are back from summer
break (including professors, I hope), I'll ask again:

Does anyone know of a routine that will find a fraction of a number, such as
1/3, 1/5, 1/7th etc. I know there is a divide routine, but it is for 32-bit
numbers. I don't need that much power, so I'm asking if anyone knows of a
smaller, faster, more optimized routine for finding fractions in a zshell
program.

Please send any flames, questions, comments, etc to the address on the
bottom of the page. DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST. After receiving 127 messages
one day,of which ~126 of them worthless flames and off-topic discussions, I
unsubscribed-I don't have time for that. Anyway, if you reply to the list I
won't hear you and I will keep bugging people for fractions.

Also, Darryl Nester (sp) really helped me out with understanding rotating
and shifting bits, and he is a math professor. If he is still out there,
would he contact me on this question also?

Check out my new webpage! Actually, the really cool one isn't the default
yet, but it features frames, etc, and other programs I have. Keep checking
for info on my RPG game-which is comming soon. The address for it is in my sig.

David Kristensen at the University of Missouri - Kansas City
dkristensen@cctr.umkc.edu
Check out my new webpage @ cctr.umkc.edu/user/dkristensen

The Mind conquers All...