Re: LZ: New idea for compression program!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: New idea for compression program!

I think your idea of having code in the compressed program
is a good one in theory, but there are a number of things
to consider.  What happens if the decompressor isn't there?
you'd have to include code to deal with that situation.  What
if there isn't enough ram to run the decompressor?  Again,
more code.  At this point have you added too much code that
has to be duplicated in every compressed sting, reducing the
value of the compression?  Maybe not but it's an important
thing do decide ahead of time.

Barry