LZ: Cassette system

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Cassette system

I've made some thinking on this cassette-storage system and made some
sort of schematics for hardware necessary for tape input/output.
Someone would have to make a program (with Zshell, of course) that
would listen to link port and also send appropriate noises into it..
One quite big problem is, I guess, that how one could generate a
string within Zshell, 'cause cassette I/O-program would be impossible
to code with TI-basic.
Data in the cassette could be saved in this way:
first there would be a constant tone, which would be used for
compensating speed differences on separate calcs or tape players.
then tone should be modulated somehow, and headers etc. then saved as
this modulated tone.

I shall develop my hardware part a little (draw it with computer) and
then upload it here. Someone should begin thinking how to make this
saving-program.
Jake / Moottori
Check my homepage at http://oyt.oulu.fi/~intok8/