Re: LZ: cassette tapes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: cassette tapes

At 11:31 AM 9/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
>about all this mem stuff... i think some one already mentioned this but, i
>think this might work. okay, what if you wrote a .bat or .exe or .com file
>or something that would convert a backup of your calc into sound(a wav or
>voc file). and then you made a link plug to go from your sb mic port to a
>tape recorder.(this would probably have to work at 8bit mono for those of
>us with an 8bit mono sb). then, you could get a little $3.00 adapter
>fromradio shack to go to the link port so you could hook your calc to your
>walkman( that would be best for portability) and play the cassette tape and
>have a file that would check the link port and convert the analog sounds to
>binary numbers(you'd probably have to just use different sets of ticks for
>the 0s and 1s) and load the program into ram. then, if there were sounds
>in the program, you'd just unhook the plug, put the adapter on a headphone
>plug, and you're on your way. i'd ***LOVE*** to help in the creation of
>this if it is possible but, i don't know assembly(YET) and so, all i can
>do is say my idea.

That is a good idea, but I don't know if that will be possible using a
cassette.  Will the sounds be of high enough quality?  Then again I heard
they used to trasnfer programs over the radio (just record it and put it in
your cassette disk drive).

--	Scott Rein
	srein@rain.org

Follow-Ups: References: