Re: LZ: I2C Temperature Sensor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org wrote:

> According to GBaker:
> >don't mind me but what does one do with a temperature sensor in a TI85?
>
> Umm.. I think you check the temperature. :)  I'm not sure on that, though.
> rofl...
>
> >I really don't see much point to checking the temperature with a TI85.
> >

> 1) Kinda like climbing a mountain: cause it's there.
> 2) Ever heard of the CBL?  It was built into 85 ROM's, I think 9.0 and up.
> It let TI build Calculator-Based Laboratories, and got science teachers
> interested.  It was basically just a gimmick thing, but it was there.
> 3) We get to show off to our friends. :)
> 4) A good way to show teachers ZS isn't for games only so that you can use
> it in class.  I did that to my chemistry teacher using ChemLib1 and then
> played games :)
>
> As soon as the program and a final set of schematics are released I'll go
> out and build one just for fun, personally.  As long as it doesn't cost more
> than $10 or so.Heh, you can order the part from national for free, along with a shitload
of packaging. Im staring at a 16k bit eeprom i also got from them (yes, i
said bit, that sucks eh?) It says on the datasheet that the i2c bus can
only handle 16k-bits of total storage, but yet there are some 65k-bit
ones. Go figgure. I think the best bet to make more mem would either be
to tap the ti's bus (how many calcs would we like to break?) or to make
an external z-80 controlled board (pretty cool, cuz you could put
tons of memory and other stuff on it, but it would be hard to make and
pretty big) Tapping the bus would be the best way, though wed need enough
free address space that isnt used so that we dont have to flip pages a
whole lot, and its not practical for the avg user to open up the calc,
shave a little off the circuit boar, attach crap to it, etc.

To anyone with a 92, that extra port i was hearing about for a projector,
can you access to each data line on that through asm? If so, how many
data wires does it have? Ill probably invest in a 92 when they allow them
in school / college courses / ap exams. I see no reason why they dont.

> C ya later,
> Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
> http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
> "Canthus" on DARKWORLD
>
> C> Warning: REALITY.SYS may be corrupt.  Reboot universe(y/n)?

--Steve