Re: LZ: optimizing zshell programs for turbo calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: optimizing zshell programs for turbo calcs

> I'm afriad you're mistaken, turboing the calc with a 1pf capacitor has
> most certainly _NOT_ been proven to shorten the life of the processor.
> Most people who have turboed with this method and later documented their
> methods, have said that they have been using it for 2 or more years, and
> had no problems at all.  What does wear out the processor
> (theoretically) is turboing it by removing the capacitor and leaving no
> capacitor in it's place.

The only thing I could think of that overclocking a CPU could do to
it is that the processor will produce more heat and melt the
connections.  But...  if you build in a switch (as the directions say
to do) then you can leave your calc in NORMAL mode and only flip it
ot TURBO mode when you need some more speed, whether it be a slow
TI-BASIC program or an ASM one.  I just wouldn't recommend leaving it
in TURBO mode all of the time because most stuff doesn't need it
anyways.

-Ed