Re: LZ: Compression program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Compression program

At 11:41 PM 9/5/96 -0400, you wrote:

>To see if it's worth doing, I have two questions.  What's the approximate
>size of the unzipper on the calc(assuming the zipper is on the
>computer)?...and what would be the approximate compression ratio?  I haven't
>been paying too much attention to this thread, but I saw somewhere a 46%,
>which would be pretty good.

I honestly don't know what type of compression we can get, but I know that it
will be a hell of a lot better than no compression at all.  The unzipper
doesn't have to be large at all.. think about it:  all it needs is the routine
to unzip, everything else is stored in the actual ZIP file.

--	Scott Rein
	srein@rain.org