LZ: 8085 Debug like Dos

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: 8085 Debug like Dos

I've found something that someone might find interesting for
the 85.  It's the assembly source for who-knows-what assembler
for a debug type program modelled after Dos's debug.  It includes
a one line assembler/disassembler something like debug's.  It's
about 4k as it stands now.

It's written for a Radio Shack Model 100 in 8080 assembly.
The model 100 actually has an 8085 but it's about the same.
The Z80 will run 8080/8085 binary files just fine.  In fact,
most CP/M systems used Z80 cpus but CP/M was written in 8080
code.

The kicker is that the rom calls will have to be modified,
as will the direct addressing.  It's designed for a 40x8 screen
but that shouldn't be too tough to change.  Also, the mnemonics
are different for the 8080 and this uses Intels 8080 mnemonics.
There are MANY public domain assemblers for these mnemonics.
I think TASM has a table for them, too.

If anyone is interested in modifying this, let me know and I'll
send you a copy.

Barry