Re: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ:83 ASM

> > Do you think i'd be possible to just downlaod the mem area 0000-8000
> > and I'll look to see if there's any hint of rom changing.... you can
> > either do this using the link port (routiens for th pc are available
> > at ticalc.org), or you could copy it into a string a bit at a time
> > and download these (i.e. 2 16k strings)
>
> I've tried to access string with asm.  That was the first thing
> I tried to do on the 83 when I got it.  I wasn't able to make it
> work at that point.  I'm not sure if it was something I was doing
> wrong of if the docs were wrong.  They weren't clear so it might
> have been me.

the way I see it, there doesn't seem to be any way to create a string
(!)
the best thing to do is to create a 16k string (or 8k if 16k isn't
possible) and then use _CHKFINDSYM to find it:
i.e.

 LD DE, $8039   ;OP1
 LD HL,VARNAME
 LD BC,10
 LDIR   ;COPY NAME TO OP1

 CALL _CHKFINDSYM
  JR C,ERROR

 LD HL,0
 LD BC,16*1024        ; 16K, CHANGE IF VAR IS LESS
 LDIR

 RET

ERROR
 RET

VARNAME
 DC.B 4,"ROM",0   ; {TYPE,NAME,ZERO TERMINUS}

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/

Follow-Ups: References: