RE: LZ: More RAM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: LZ: More RAM

That's mostly correct, however you neglected Expanded memory, which is
obselete. Anyways, Windows (3.1x, 95) manage use of Extended transparently,
and I don't think that any speed reduction is noticable. If you have Windows,
you don't need an Extended memory manager (Actually, you may have confused
that with an Expanded memory manager which is necessary for all uses of
Expanded memory). At any rate, Since Windows95 essentially runs on its own,
AND I believe only Windows 3.1 required conventional memory to run win apps,
you don't need to be concerned with the old memory structures.