Re: LZ: Compression program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Compression program

>One useful first step might be to survey the members
>of this list to see who how many would really use a
>program like this and just what people would or
>wouldn't use.
>
>I think most of the controversy is about whether it's
>worth doing, not whether it can be done.
>
>Barry

To see if it's worth doing, I have two questions.  What's the approximate
size of the unzipper on the calc(assuming the zipper is on the
computer)?...and what would be the approximate compression ratio?  I haven't
been paying too much attention to this thread, but I saw somewhere a 46%,
which would be pretty good.