Re: LZ: a zipping utility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a zipping utility

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Andrew Haninger wrote:

> then, the unzipper would need a zipper for when you weren't using the
> program. or would this unzip the program before loading it into RAM? that
> might make it a little slow but, i can wait a few secs if i'm doing it to
> save a lot of memory. also, would the unzipper be very big? that would be
> the problem... there's no use in even making it if it's going to take up
> all the wonderful space you "saved"!

You would store the compressed programs and the uncompressor on your calc.  You
would uncompress one program, run it, then delete it.

Hmm.  The only problem I see here is that this will erase your highscores, if
you care about those.

                              The nice thing about Windows is that it does
Tony Lieuallen                     not just crash...  It displays a dialog
marvin@mars.superlink.net               box and lets you press 'OK' first.
http://mars.superlink.net/marvin/home