Re: LZ: Virus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Virus

<< Is there anyway to create a virus in zshell, or on the calculator at all.
 It would
 be interesting to see what would happen. >>
  OK!  My name is Carl Turner and I did this about a year ago and I did it in
TI-BASIC and ASM.  lets me tell you I got flamed so bad it was not even
funny. i don't know how many of you remember this topic or how many of you
were still here when this happened. but It is quite simple in basic. here is
the program attached to this letter in uue format , of course you would want
to edit lock it or something to prevent somone looking at the program befor
they run it.

********************
KEEP IN MIND FOLKS! this is a calculator not a computer if the thing crashes
it does not mean it is history and you have to go out and buy a new one. all
you have to do is take out all of the AAA batteries and press [on] for ten
seconds then release then press [2nd], [on] then put the batteries back in.
and then turn it on and turn up the contrast.
********************

The asm virus is not that hard to make eather, depending on what you wanted
to do.
the ones I made just simply did several things
1) hid zshell to another slot in the custon menu.
2) did not ret back to zshell.
3) put every thing in the graph_mem till it was ful.
4) deleted itself(meaning the program) but putting the code in another zshell
program
5) copied itself.
6) showed the rom on the screen in 'out (5)' mode   :)
7) deleted other ti-basic programs and zshell programs
8) and just plain locked up the calc with a text saying 'have a nice day!'

theses are not fun but If you are a vuris maker then they are kind of fun.
But I strongly recomend that you not get into this kind of stuff or you get
flamed badly!

Carl Turner
cturner142@aol.com