Re: LZ: Virus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Virus

> To:            list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org (List-Zshell)
> Subject:       LZ: Virus
> Date:          Wed, 04 Sep 96 23:12:42 GMT
> From:          rcoleman@intrstar.net (Richard Coleman)

> Is there anyway to create a virus in zshell, or on the calculator at all.  It would
> be interesting to see what would happen.

How many times do we have to go through this?

The WORST you can do to a calculator is make to lock it up so it
needs to be reset. As far as most of the zshell programmers know, you
cannot have it repeat itself, which is part of the definition of a
virus. The worst you can do is a trojan type of deal where you name
something that locks up the calc "My cool game" then some
unsuspecting moron runs it, and has to reset. Being that I have a
backup on the computer, and about 50 backups on kids at schools
calcs...this isn't really much of a threat....

Matt Bathje
mpb@xnet.com