Re: LZ: More RAM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: More RAM

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, SAM STAUFFER wrote:

> -> Dos is going to be changed or in non existence because in 2008 Dos
> -> will crash and you won't be able to even boot your computer.
>
> Ahh, what are you talking about?

I think he's referring to the fact that, internally, DOS can only handle
dates up until about 2008 or so.  In theory, it should just roll over or
something, but M$ being the nice chaps they are, I imagine your computer
will erupt in a fireball and kill all life for a 20 mile radius by
spewing hazardous isotopes in the black silicon smoke or something.

Of course, everyone will be running Linux by then, so it's a moot issue.

dreamer