Re: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ:83 ASM

> I disasembled the _IPOINT routine but what I found doesn't make
> any sense.  It could be a mistake on my part but I was fairly
> careful.  It could be a mistake in TI83ASM.INC from TI.  Their
> keycode chart got all the key codes wrong so that wouldn't
> surprise me, or it could be a bug in my hex viewer, which would
> surprise me a little, but not a lot.  I suspect TI but I'm not
> sure of that.  I didn't have time to check any further today.
> I may tomorrow.  I will if I can.
>
> Here's what I got:
>
> The entry 4AE8 goes into what is appearantly a jump table
> with 4 byte calls and returns.  This entry is
>
> 4AE8  CD9133	call 3391
> 4AEB  C9	ret
>
> 3391  CD8B2E	call 2E8B
> 3394  C9	ret
>
> 2E8B  E5	push hl
> 2E8C  E5	push hl
> 2E8D  F5	push af
> 2E8E  D5	push de
> 2E8F  E5	push hl
> 2E90  210B00	ld hl,00B0
> 2E93  C9	ret
>
> Which should crash the calculators.  Maybe it does.
> When I can I'll double check my work and write something
> that calls _IPOINT and see if it works and is really at
> that address.  Of course I've reversed the addresses for
> readability.

hmm.. how do you fancy making a complete rom download? do you have
any ideas on how the rom paging works (b i would hope that it's the
same as on the ti 85 (i.e. port 5 sets the bank to appear at
4000-8000) but in view of teh obvios hardware differences and the
wide use of adddresses of $4000 onwards, this seems unlikely.

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/

Follow-Ups: References: