Re: LZ: a zipping utility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a zipping utility

> I think the best way to make a compression program would be to have the
> compressor on the computer, and the uncompression program on the calc.
> This way, we could keep stuff small, and if you wanted to compress
> something, just go to your computer.

I really don't see a purpose for a compression utility to compress
strings and store them on the calc, because you'd still need a lot of
space to uncompress them.  But..  it would be nice to have a
compression utility that would compress them and then store them to
an EEPROM.  That way there would be plenty of space on the calc to
uncompress to.

-Ed