Re: LZ: Zshell 4.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Zshell 4.5

> > > Absolutely not.  What I would like to see is authors releasing not only
> > > the source to their routines, but a library that Zshell can use.  For
> > > example, Jingyang Xu could release NASR as a library and all the games
> > > that could use it wouldn't need to include it in there programs.  So if I
> >
> > > have his Asteroids and my Spacewar both which use NASR we could access
> > > the library.  and use 50% of the mem that the routines (NASR) would use
> > > ormally.
> > >
> > > -Andy
> > >

> > Yes, but for people with not a lot of ZShell prorgams on their calc it is
> > not very efficient.  Your are only going to see a big benefit from this
> > when you have like 4 programs using NASR, even then you are giong to have
> > unused libraries.
> >
> > mark
> >
> That is why I recommend to all authors to release two versions of their
> programs: a statically linked vers that works with 4.0 and a dynamically
> linked vers that works with 4.5 and libraries.  That way the user can
> choose which way is the most efficient for their needs.

No, I'd reccommend that as soon as zs4.5 is released everone shifts
to it.. then people have no excuse to stay with zs4.0 (not that i can
picture many people resisting the temptation to download zs4.5 )

I should say taht we've already got all teh details of libraries
sorted, and it's really not worth discussing hypotheical situations..

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/

Follow-Ups: References: