Re: LZ: Startup and ZS4.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Startup and ZS4.5

> Im not sure how the ti-85 does it, but i wouldnt be suprised if they
> were in in video display controller, nevermind ti ti-85 rom (not sure
> though. ti-85 might do it differently)

No, there not stored in the video hardware.  They are stored in ROM.
I'm not sure of the exact address, but the one in TI-RAM.TXT will
give you an idea.  Each character is composed of seven bytes that
correspond to the pixels in each of their seven rows.  It's not worth
writing any routines for these because they're already written in
ROM.  I know this because I was looking into stuff like this a few days
ago.

-Ed